Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day! A nutritious breakfast not only provides you the energy you need to tackle your day, eating breakfast also helps you maintain a healthy weight.
Since I’ve been a dietitian, I’ve noticed that people who skip breakfast and eat most of their calories later in the day have the hardest time losing weight. Because of this association, I’ve become a proponent of eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, and supper like a pauper.
So sometimes on the weekend, I like to splurge a little and make this delicious crust-less egg quiche for breakfast or even brunch. You can serve it with some fresh fruit, and it’s a complete meal. You can even assemble this the night before and refrigerate it until your ready to cook it in the morning.
- 5 eggs, beaten,
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, potatoes, onion, salt, pepper, cottage cheese and ¾ cup cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Place this on a pretty plate, and there you have it, A Nutritious Dish…in a matter of minutes! ™