Sometimes I long for creamy pasta. This recipe for Creamy Garlic Parmesan is very elegant, yet simple to throw together. When I first posted this about a year ago, I wouldn’t have dreamed that this would be one of my most popular posts. This post is visited time and again by my many followers.
What is Kielbasa?
You can use any type of sausage you might like for this recipe; however, I lean towards using Kielbasa, which is a type of Polish Sausage. Kielbasa is a type of ring sausage that traditionally varies by region of production. Perhaps you have a favorite ring sausage from your local market that you could use. I lived in a small town in Southeastern, Minnesota and I had a favorite Kielbasa that I used from our local meat market. Now that they are no longer in business, I have grown to love this smoked garlic kielbasa that I purchase from Amazon. Plus, this Keilbasa is delivered right to my door, an added bonus.
Which type of Parmesan is best for creamy pasta?
Shredded Parmesan works best for this recipe; the powdered kind is not recommended. When I am shopping for my favorite Kielbasa, I tend to order this Organic Valley Shredded Parmesan by the case and simply freeze it so that I have it on hand for all of my favorite recipes. That way, I don’t have to run to the grocery store all the time. Keep in mind, the closes major shopping area is about an hour away. Adding chives, chopped tomatoes and extra Parmesan on top makes this recipe a pretty presentation, plus it makes people think you really fussed over them! Sneaky, aren’t I?
Below is the recipe for Creamy Parmesan & Garlic Pasta with Kielbasa
For another great Kielbasa recipe, link to our easy slow cooker recipe for White Bean and Kielbasa Soup. Another great recipe is our Kielbasa One dish Supper with Potatoes, Onions and Green Peppers.
Creamy Parmesan & Garlic Pasta with Kielbasa
- 1 lb. Rigatoni
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan
- 1 lb. Kielbasa, cooked and sliced, or sausage of choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, dices tomatoes and extra Parmesan for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then set aside.
- In a large saute' pan over medium-low heat, sauté' garlic in olive oil and butter briefly.
- Stir in crushed red pepper flakes, then stir in flour and saute for one minute, while stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir while adding in broth and half and half:bring to a simmer then lower heat and stir until thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add Kielbasa and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and garnish with chives, tomatoes and extra Parmesan.
- Serve Hot and enjoy!