Hobo burgers are a quick and easy, complete meal made in foil packets for easy clean up. This quick recipe can be baked in the oven or cooked right on the grill -making it a perfect dinner recipe for summer or tailgate parties (Think Football Season). The recipe can be varied using different meats and vegetables, but no matter how you make, it’s always a satisfying meal.
- 1 lb ground beef, made into four patties
- 1-2 large potatoes, scrubbed and sliced (peel if desired)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place squares of foil on table. On each piece of foil, place one burger; season with salt and pepper. Place prepared veggetables on top of burgers and fold foil around burgers to seal in juices. Place foil packets on baking dish; bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender and the burger reaches the safe internal temperature of 165°F.
- *You can also "bake" these directly on the grill.
- Once they are done, top with ketchup or desired sauces and enjoy.
And there you have it, A Nutritious Dish…in a matter of minutes!™